As the year began on Thursday 1st January, just like everyone grateful to see the new year, I was much more because I looked forward to a miracle. I looked forward to a year of bliss as some days later in the 1st month of 2015, I became a year older. I remembered asking God for one birthday gift – A MIRACLE. I was losing a priceless treasure and all I wanted was to hear that I didn’t.
Unlike most people, my year started with a loss exactly 12 days to my birthday. I sunk in mild depression and was almost inconsolable. Funny enough, I was able to put on a smile everyday at work like nothing happened only to retire home and sink into my husbands embrace covered with great sadness. He encouraged me and gradually I picked up the pieces of me and had a wonderful birthday.
As the year continued, I prayed for joy for each day and chose happiness and love. I was indeed happy because God blessed me, He blessed my family, He blessed my friends and there was so much good news all around. Amidst all the goodness, there were decisions I had to make. There were mistakes I made as well. I made new friends as well as lost “so-called” friends.
Recounting the year is a personal journey for me but briefly I’ll share few of the many things I learnt in the course of this year:
- Don’t hold on to anyone or anything which constantly gives you reason to question your decision to keep holding on.
- When you are truly and genuinely happy for those around you, God sees your heart and gives you reason to be happy as well.
- When you wish and pray for good things to happen to others, good things happen to you without your knowledge.
- Forgive people who offend or take advantage of you. God daily forgives your shortcomings and overlooks them.
- When you bless the lives of those who cannot bless you back, you are showing them what God’s love is all about.
- Don’t lend a helping hand because of what you will get in return.
- When it comes to money, only lend out an amount you can part with to someone who is always lending. Never lend from someone to give another. When you don’t have, be yourself and let them know you can’t help them at that time.
- Just as excess weight deprives you of moving around and if not well checked can cost your life. Watch your life, your thoughts, your desires. Let go of all excesses in every forms. Simplicity with God in it is the most beautiful way of Live.
- Most importantly, always tell the truth with your mouth, your actions and your deeds.
- Last but not the least, be YOU – don’t pretend to be who or what you are not.
As 2015 gradually folds away, let us count the blessings we have for they greatly out way the losses we have experienced. Do not enter the boat of 2016 with any baggage. Sort out the needful and the wants and enter 2016 light and filled with all positivity. Be happy and be hopeful for a better and greater year.
Thank God for a beautiful 2015. Have a very beautiful 2016 with God.
With Love from,
(Writer for BLArticles)
2 thoughts on “THE BEAUTY OF 2015”
Nice one Big Sister. May God give you over and above anything you’ve lost, in this new year. have a blessed 2016
Thank you dear Brother and Amen my dear. You have a beautiful 2016 filled with all goodness and greatness from God. Love you.