We bless God who began with us yesterday. He has no plans to stop now till we are overwhelmed with his blessings and his true beauty finds root in us.
Today I implore you to be so truthful to yourself. You owe yourself that much. I have observed from my own marriage that there are times I can be the problem and also the solution. My words can be the problems as well as the solution. My actions, body language and attitude can be so too.
Some of us are so quick to disagree with our husbands and compare him to Mr B. We are so fast to talk back and end up saying words that are hurting. We are quick to embarrass him in public by washing our dirty linens and spreading it outside. Then we want to paint the picture perfect couple to the world. If these and more truly describes you, you have to deal with them first. If you don’t you would pray and wonder why there are no results and end up frustrated but you know what there are results, it’s just that cloak of self righteousness that you have put on is obstructing your vision.
Too hard? I am sorry but we need to pray aright. You know yourself better. That picture perfect wife you show to the whole world, is that who you really are? That picture perfect couple you force your husband to play along with you before our eyes, is that who you truly are?
Let’s go on to pray:
- Father I come to you naked so you can see me as I am. I know you know me but I have come to admit that this is me. I am tired of living a lie and causing my husband to live so. I remove the mask of the perfect wife and ask that you break me and remould me. Trim all of my excesses. (Psalm 139:1-12)
- Father I confess that in the past I haven’t always chosen my words wisely. I ask that you forgive me and correct all wrong I have caused my marriage as a result of my careless words. (Proverbs 10:19)
- Father, you created me to be a healthy and beautiful fit for my husband. Where I have been a thorn in his flesh rightfully or wrongfully. Have mercy on me and remould me to fit just right. (Genesis 2:18)
- Father you associated stubbornness to witchcraft. I refuse to be a witch who sucks on the joy of her marriage. Correct me no matter how hard and inconvenient it is. Let the rod of your love bring me back to my senses. Break my stubborn will Lord and fashion me from inside out to be obedient at all times. (1 Samuel 15:23)
- Father as I pray for my husband, any hidden grudge against him, I ask that you locate it and dispose of it because I forgive him in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 5:23-24)
- Father touch my tongue as you touched that of Isaiah. Let every words that proceed out of it be seasoned with salt. My words will add flavour and be sweet to my husband’s ears. Where in the past it has torn him and has been so bitter to him, I ask you go ahead and re-season them for me in Jesus name. From today, my words minister life, my words encourages him and my word blesses him.(Proverbs 16:24, Psalm 119:103, Colossians 4:6)
- You designed marriage for sweet fellowship. I decree today that my marriage is sweet because I will play my part and will play it well.
- I (mention your name), from today tell myself no more lies but will always come to you to tell you how I feel because you will hear me without judging me.
- Finally, this is the last day of praying for yourself. Feel free to pray as you are led. The prayer points are inspired to specifically be prayed about. So please pray for yourself as much as you can.
Tomorrow we begin to pray for our husbands. They will be topical and direct. So please settle yourself so you can flow and pray with joy for him.
Bible Verse: Proverbs 28:13-14 (ERV) “Whoever hides their sins will not be successful, but whoever confesses their sins and stops doing wrong will receive mercy. People who respect others will be blessed, but stubborn people will have plenty of troubles.”
Confession: I do not accept the lies of the devil as my truth. I live by the word of God, walk in the parts of righteousness and total submission to God and my husband. This is my truth!
God bless you!
See you tomorrow.