Welcome to the third day of this program which also marks the first day of praying for our husbands. Today we will be praying on two topics. These are the basics of any Beautiful Christian home. They are the main constituents used for building the foundation of any home. When these are in place, the marriage can withstand the storms of Life. It may shake left and right, back and forth but it won’t be uprooted.
I need everyone of us to understand that, “when a man knows his Lord and God and loves Him genuinely, it will be easy for him to love his wife selflessly and easily.” There are men who seem or profess to love their Lord but fall short of doing same to their wives and then you wonder, what is happening? Some run about the business of the Lord but are lagging in the business of their home. In other cases, the husband who was once on fire for the Lord is now complacent in his walk with God and then you wonder what went wrong? Gradually the love which was burning and looked unquenchable during the courtship period begin to diminish in the journey of marriage.
We will be raising our husbands to the Lord. Firstly for his Salvation, if your husband is saved, still pray for his growth in the love of God. If he is not, kindly start there. If he was once, pray for his reawakening. Next we will be praying for his Love. Usually, when you ask your husband if he loves you, he is quick to say yes but then you are taken aback at some things that happen that you begin to doubt his profession of love for you.
- (For Unsaved husbands) Father I bring my husband (mention name) before you today, it was your love for him that caused Jesus to die on the cross. I pray that he realises and recognises your love for him and believe in you so that the eternal life you have planned for him will be his in Jesus name. I put a restlessness within him today and I pray that your love will overwhelm him till he accepts your offer of life in Jesus name. I know that when he loves you as much or even as little as you love him, it would be easy for him to love me all the days of my life. This is my request to you oh Lord.
- (For Lukewarm Husbands) Father, let my husband (mention name) experience a touch or your refreshing love which will awaken his burning desire and love for you. Whatever the distraction that has brought my husband to this stage, father I ask that you open his eyes, clear every fog of confusion and give him a clear vision of your unfailing Love.
- (For Saved husbands) Father, give my husband the grace to grow and flourish in love with you. Do not let him outlive his love for you. Let him daily check for pointers so that he will not fall out of love and not know it. When it becomes a struggle to remain in your love, give him the grace to be able to ask for your help alone or together with me in Jesus name.
The bible describes a man who has no love as a noisy bell or a ringing cymbal or the creaking of a rusty gate. Even if he runs about the business of God, he is nothing without love. The bible went on to address it in The Message Bible that he is bankrupt without love. It was by virtue of God’s love for man that he created woman. Immediately Adam saw Eve, he loved her. So many other stories of love exist in the bible.
- (husband’s name), your love for me will be patient and kind, it will not get jealous or intimidated by my achievements or growth. When you express your love for me, it will be selfless in Jesus name. (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- As we daily live, there are times when i will step on your wrong foot. (husband’s name), the love of God in you will come through by repelling every urge to become easily angry at me in Jesus name. You will be happy with me and lovingly correct me when i do wrong. (1 Corinthians 13:5)
- (husband’s name), you will not run out of loving me but as we daily walk this journey of marriage, you will trust me more, you will never lose hope in me. You will not quit even when it looks like your expectation of me aren’t coming through in Jesus name. (1 Corinthians 13:6-7)
- By virtue of marriage, we became one in the sight of God. Today I ask that Lord (husband’s name) will love me as his body. He will not be harsh to me when i make mistakes nor harm me in Jesus name (Colossians 3:19, Ephesians 5:25, Romans 13:10)
- Heavenly father, I will not be compete for the Love of my husband neither will he have to fight to love me. I secure my rightful place as his wife in the name of Jesus. I decree that Strange women will have no power over him. As he comes in contact with them at work, in church and in the extended family, the Love for me you have planted within him will blossom even more and displace all lustful distractions in Jesus name. (Genesis 29, 1 Samuel 1:6-8)
- Father I pray today that no one will come in between us, not family members, not friends, not even our children. The love that caused him to leave his father and mother and be joined to me will ever flourish in Jesus name. We will not grow past loving each other. (Matthew 19:5, Mark 10:7-8)
- Finally Lord,as we walk side by side, hand in hands with you as our Guide, your love will be deeply rooted in us and it will cover all our flaws and present us beautiful to one another in Jesus name.
- Kindly Pray as led.
Bible verse: 1 John 4: 7-12 (MSG) “My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God. My dear, dear friends, if God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other. No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us—perfect love!”
Confession: (Husband’s name), You will love the Lord your God with all your heart and you will easily love me just as Christ love the Church.
God bless you.