Looking at the story of Naomi, her husband made a decision that cost her everything. She lost everything. Wrong decisions made by our husbands can cost us in ways we can’t imagine. The funny part is that sometimes you may have a decision but may not be able to share with hubby because he would not respect it. Other cases, some can’t even dare air their opinions.
Let me share a quick story with you. While I was preparing to begin the journey of marriage, my dad gave me a very special gift which were lessons and clear scriptural advices for a Christian wife. A paragraph concerned on this particular topic. It reads: “Even when the wife’s opinion is better when taking a decision, there must be wisdom and humility to pass that across to the husband for collective agreement and generally no husband will ever appreciate a situation where the wife’s opinion ALWAYS overrules in any decision making and God who makes the husband the head of the home always in a true Christian will help him to still guide in many critical issues and the wife must be ready to LEARN in most situations.” ~ S.A. Reju
So today we will be raising this area of our husband’s life to God. For those of us who our opinions matter a lot in the decision makings in our homes, don’t relax. Pray too because there are time when hubby has to make an “on-the-spot” kind of decision. Your opinion then won’t count. So you see the need to pray?
- Father, I bless you for your mercy that has caused us not to be consumed by the consequences of our decisions. Thank you for being God and for proving that over and over again.
- Father I bring (husband’s name) before you today. I receive for him grace to ask your help in making decisions regarding our family in Jesus name.
- (Husband’s name), you will not put me in a place of loss as a result of your decision but we will both work into a place of life in Jesus name.
- For times when you have to make decisions on the spot as regards yourself or even our family, I send the spirit of God ahead of you to guide you aright in Jesus name.
- Your decisions will not put us in a position where we forget God or doubt his ability to come through for us in Jesus name.
- Father whatever decisions has been taken in the past by my husband alone or with me that has caused us to sorrow, Oh Lord have mercy and forgive him/us in Jesus name.
- Father, cause my husband to trust in you with all of his heart and not lean on his own understanding. Let him acknowledge that you know better than him and hence make a decision guided by you in Jesus name. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Oh Lord, let (husband’s name) decision be in line with the good plans you have for us to give us an expected end in Jesus name. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Father you said we should ask for wisdom. Today I receive for (husband’s name) an asking spirit in Jesus name. Let him always make decisions drawn from the well of your wisdom and when I air my opinion and it is the right one, deliver my husband from selfish pride of superiority and cause him to agree with me on it in Jesus name. (James 1:5, Proverbs 11:14)
- You oh Lord are the only wise God. I decree that (husband’s name) will decide wisely as he walks with you in Jesus name. (Proverbs 14:20)
- When major decisions that involves our family are to be taken, oh Lord give my husband the grace to be patient and think it through prayerfully in Jesus name.
- Father I thank you because my husband will receive your touch in this area by virtue of my prayer this day in Jesus name.
- Pray as led
Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:5-6 (ERV) “Trust the Lord completely, and don’t depend on your own knowledge. With every step you take, think about what he wants, and he will help you go the right way.”
Confession: (Husband’s name), your decisions will be in line with God’s great plan to give us a hope and future.
God bless you all.
One thought on “Day 4: His Decisions ”
Always greatful ma
Pleasant week ahead and God bless you and all yours. Due Rgds