All around us we can see the high increase in domestic violence that is quietly ravaging homes. Today I was going to talk on a different topic so we pray but this is what the Lord desire that we come to him about. So please pray in whatever language you desire. Pray as led a lot. If you are hurt by your husband at this time, let me encourage your heart that it’s okay to be angry when hurt but it’s not okay to be angry and pray because when you do so in the wrong way, God will not answer. I am not saying, you shouldn’t feel hurt, I am saying let it push you to give the devil a knock on his head and keep him running. Everyone please pray as well. There is a saying that if it’s only when you are in trouble you pray, then you are truly in trouble.
Earlier in marriage, because of our differences, there was a lot of misunderstanding but God helped me in the sense that I had to draw from the experiences life had taught me on how to respond to situations of conflict. In marriage, it was a little harder because the person I love is involved so it was very painful. My secret had and has always been to pray and wait for the right time to confront the matter but one thing remains, we do not go to bed with an unsettled matter. Even when the other wouldn’t bulge, the other has to humble his/herself to come to a compromise. This is communication related.
Some of us women know how to talk and flog an issue from here to there and back that it aggravates most spouses and it brings out the worst in them. So its both ways here we would be praying. When the Lord gave woman to man, she was given for companionship and not for a punching bag. Despite Eve caused Adam the garden of Eden, there is no where it was recorded that he beat her up. So see, you are not designed to be one.
Its heartbreaking to hear such happening in Christian homes. So let us pray and leave too much talking alone.
- Father I thank you for this beautiful opportunity to come to talk to you about (husband’s name). I want the best for him and of him and I know you gave me to him for a purpose. Lord if praying for him is all I can do for him to be the best, Lord give me the strength to do so even when i am hurt in Jesus name.
- Lord I bring myself before you, I ask that when I am hurt, give me the grace to hold my tongue when it feels like going on and on and on. Help me to be calm and quiet and when the time for me to talk presents itself, help me to express myself with words that are seasoned with salt so that Lord they bring about a brokenness and conviction and not judgement and condemnation.
- I pray for you (husband’s name) that you will be patient with me and always communicate your dislikes to me. Help me Lord to be patient and communicate where it is that I am not comfortable in Jesus name.
- Lord when I need clarification on a matter handled by my husband. I pray that you give me wisdom to act right, relying on the help of the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth.
- Father with anger, we cannot live the way you want us to so I pray for (husband’s name) that he will be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to get angry in Jesus name. (James 1:19-20)
- Father your word says anger rest in the bosom of fools. Lord (husband’s name) will not look like, live or grow into a fool. Teach him when to be calm and overlook wrong doings and when to hold back and be wise in Jesus name. (Ecclesiastes 7:9, Proverbs 29:11)
- Father every harsh words that causes anger which go on to cause strife take away from (husband’s name). I pray today that his words be gentle, let them calm every arguments that will arise between us in Jesus name. (Proverbs 15:1,18)
- Some husbands has grown up in a family where all they knew was an angry father. Unconsciously, they pick up traits of this and come into their home and begin to manifest. Every spirit of harsh words and anger that accompanied my husband into our new home Father I dissociate him from such. Lord I destroy its hold over (husband’s name). You have troubled him too long and have troubled my marriage too long. From today I break your hold. The blood of Jesus flush you out and make it uncomfortable for you to dwell in the name of Jesus. (Proverbs 22:24)
- Most men who are violent must have manifested one way or the other but some of us were so blinded by love that we didn’t see it. Today you say Lord Jesus, I have become one with (husband’s name) and so Lord I pray that every violent spirit that pushes my husband to violate me domestically will be arrested by the power of the Almighty God. Father whatever it is that triggers this anger in my husband, open my eyes to see so that I will be careful in Jesus name. Where it has been me or our selfish desires. Have mercy and build our love for one another afresh in our hearts in Jesus name. (James 4:1-2)
- Father help us to watch our thoughts so we don’t come up with unnecessary foolish and ignorant speculations that will cause strife in Jesus name. (2 Timothy 2:23-24)
- Pray as led and thank the Lord for answered prayers.
God will give us peace in our homes and every house on fire the Spirit of the Lord will go ahead and quench in Jesus name. You will not lose your home to the lies of the devil that brings about anger in Jesus name.
Bible Verses: Proverbs 16:32 (AMP) “He who is slow to anger is better and more honorable than the mighty [soldier], And he who rules and controls his own spirit, than he who captures a city.”
Confession: Today I decree that my words and that of my husband are gentle. Our words will bring about calmness and healing. We do not give room for the devil to sow the seed of anger in us. Our home will experience the peace that the Prince of Peace gives. I will not abuse my husband. He will not abuse me. The life and nature of Christ lives in us and we will be Christ like and enjoy the beautiful joys of our marriage in Jesus name. Amen.
God bless you and invite as many to join in and we gradually come to a close of this program.