This part is as clear as it reads. My dad said and i quote, “Every family unit is a little church of it’s own in which the father is the pastor. Therefore, every Father of a home must know that it is his responsibility to lead his family to Christ and daily remind them of their position in Christ ensuring that he prepares them for heaven as well.”
When I got married, God opened my eyes to see that Every Married Man is a Gatekeeper. Who and what he allows into his house is in his power. Every family is not just a physical unit comprising of Father, Mother and Children. It is also a spiritual unit – A CHURCH. Just think of a rich man who has a lot to protect and preserve, does he allow anyone to come in or anything? Off course not. Instead he builds up his securities. So why will our husbands not take their place and guard our family against those visitors who do not knock but look for any open gate and go in.
Today we will be ensuring that our husbands take their position and this we will do by praying.
- Heavenly father, I bless you for the opportunity to come to pray for (husband’s name) in this area. I bless you because you always always hear me and today is not an exception.
- Oh Lord, wherever (husband’s name) has missed it and slipped, I obtain mercy on his behalf. Let your mercy speak and cause us not to be overcome by the consequences of his negligence in Jesus Name.
- Father, (husband’s name) will not leave his position to another. I ask for your strength to be made available to him on a daily basis as he guards our home in prayer from all unwanted visitors in the name of Jesus
- Dear Lord, for times when there will be knocks on the gate, I receive for him a discerning spirit to be able to differentiate the visitors that are welcome and those who aren’t in Jesus name.
- The Bible makes us to understand that the devil goes around as a roaring Lion looking for whom to devour. Today Lord i pray that (husband’s name) will not be too tired to guard and end up a prey to the Lion. I receive boldness for him to face the Lion who comes wanting to devour him and gain access to us in Jesus name.
- Father today I position myself as his assistant and i pray that when he needs to be assisted, i would not be missing in Jesus name. Cause me to always be on my guard to wake him up when it looks like he is getting tired in Jesus name.
- (husband’s name), you will hear instructions of the Lord and lead us in the part of righteousness. You will be a blessing to us, a pastor to me and our children and an intercessor for us all in Jesus name.
- When temptations come to shake you up, the strength Jesus had to overcome the devil even after a period of fasting, I decree that it made available to you today and always. You will not be swept off your feet unawares. The Lord will put the right answer in your mouth to give to your tempters and victory will be yours in Jesus name.
- Sometimes the body can be tired and there can be a struggle to either pray or sleep. I pray for you today that at the time set for you to pray, every trace of sleep clears off your eyes and you will receive strength to rise and pray in Jesus name.
- You will walk hand in hand with God and He will teach you all that you need to teach us in Jesus name. You will grow in the grace of God. You will always run to God when you need help. You will realize that your strength is not suffiecient on its own. The tap of God’s strength will not stop flowing to you in Jesus name.
- For everytime, you run to Calvary to obtain Grace, Grace will be there waiting for you in Jesus name. The Lord will not turn his face from you but He with arms wide open will look on you and help you where i fall short in Jesus name.
- (Husband’s name), by virtue of you being husband and dad, God has made you the leader of this home, i receive for you today wisdom to lead me and our children in the way of the Lord, you will have a positive influence over us because you will live and act and do what Jesus will do in Jesus name.
- By looking at your life, hearing your words, our children will desire to know the Lord. The truth and ways of the Lord you will teach to our children and they will obey and live in it in Jesus name.
- Pray as led.
Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 6:6-9 (ERV) “Always remember these commands that I give you today. Be sure to teach them to your children. Talk about these commands when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road. Talk about them when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them on your hands and wear them on your foreheads to help you remember my teachings. Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.”
Confession: As for me and my house, we will know the Lord, grow in his grace and serve him with our lives. The wicked one will not find an entrance into our camp because our gates and borders are secured.
God bless you all.