When I was growing up, I had disciplinarians as parents. As much as both of them were in the teaching profession, they weren’t just teachers to others, they were teachers at home too. I learnt a lot from my parents that when I was about to get married. I asked for someone better than my parents. In the part of the world where I am from, women tend to always be the one who do everything. When I say everything I mean; cook, clean, train the children, and sometimes be the breadwinner too.
For example when my dad said wash the dishes, he will take his to the kitchen and wash then he will monitor that we wash ours one after the other. He was what he preached and I am sure it wasn’t by magic or being spelled that he got there. We all need our husband’s help in our homes and guess what, as the kids see this, they learn. Especially our sons.
As we pray for his help, we will also pray for his leadership. I have seen Fathers who speak negativity into their children and then wonder why their children are acting up. Some husbands who are violent had been in a violent home where they always saw their dad beat up their mum. So many things can make a man be a terrible leader. Look around and write down those areas you need God to arrest your husband on.
There will just be five prayer points for this as you live with him so you know better what needs to be addressed.
- Father I thank you for listening to my every request. Thank you for being God. I believe that as I have come today, you will hear and answer in Jesus name.
- Father I have come once again to pray for (husband’s name) in the area of leadership and help. Lord, whatever has influenced him while growing up that is a reason for his behavior now or for his behavior in the future, I receive insight on his behalf to know what is right and what is wrong.
- Lord I pray for (husband’s name) that he will lead by example. He will not make our children angry but raise them with the kind of teaching and training he learns from the Lord. (Ephesians 6:1) Lord our children will see home as a place of comfort because of your love that flows through (husband’s name).
- My children and I will draw from the wells of wisdom that you have acquired of the Lord. You will live what you preach first at home in Jesus name. (Titus 1:8,9) I will not age and grow weary because of stress and too much work. I pray that God puts in you the willingness to help me at all times and by your example our sons will grow up to be helpful men in Jesus name.
- (husband’s name) I pray for you today that you will live with me in an understanding way, you will see that I am weaker than you and you will show me respect, because God gives us the same blessing —the grace of true life. I pray that you will do this so that nothing will stop your prayers from being heard in Jesus name. (1 Peter 3:7)
- Go on and pray.
Memory Verse: John 13:14-15 (ERV) “I am your Lord and Teacher. But I washed your feet. So you also should wash each other’s feet. I did this as an example for you. So you should serve each other just as I served you.”
Confession: Our children and I will exude the beauty of the Lord because we have you (husband’s name) to lead us. I will not grow weak and weary because I have you to help me. Our children will be different and unique because you will teach them aright.
Those participating in the giveaway should start sending in their composition.
God bless you and see you tomorrow as we round up this challenge.