Hello my beautiful people.
Its Thursday and like I said, I would be sharing my healthy food journey with you and I hope and pray you find it so helpful as you and your family begin this beautiful journey. Okay now that Bambie is officially a toddler, we have grown “food wise”. From the onset, it was my utmost desire to always have my family especially my children eat healthy meals and I love preparing them with so much love.
Just like I mentioned, I cook as inspired and I create my own recipes.
Today I bring to you a dish I call “Bambie’s Bell Peppers and Gizzard” and it is happily paired with Coconut rice and a side of undressed 2-ingredient salad.
- 2 medium Red bell peppers
- 1 medium Green peppers
- 1 medium Yellow peppers
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium Red onions
- 1 cup gizzard (cooked)
- 1 cup green peas
- 0.5 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.5 cups of rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 handful of Red cabbage
- 1/2 a medium cucumber
- Slice Onions, Peppers and Tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry onions till translucent. Add peppers and allow fry for 5 minutes then add tomatoes and allow fry till water is absorbed.
- Add spices of choice. (I added Garlic powder, ginger powder and salt)
- Add Peas, Carrots and Gizzard. Stir and allow simmer for 5-10 minutes and turn of heat.
For Rice, Put washed rice, coconut milk, salt and a handful of diced onions in a pot and cook till done. (I start on high heat. Once boiling, I turn heat to low and allow to cook till soft)
For Salad, Red Cabbage and Cucumber.
Serve as desired. Remember more vegetables.
This will make a very good lunch or dinner. Enjoy.
You are what you eat. Eat Healthy, Live beautiful.