Welcome to day three. Today we will be praying regarding our health.
As a wife and mom or mom-to-be, we operate at a high stress level. Funny enough, you don’t have to be a working mum to be stressed. Staying-at-home is even more stressful. Nine in Ten homes, feels it hard when mom is sick. Children need mom, Husband need wife and when she is not strong in her body, it tells on the home. Perfect health does not mean you never fall ill, or come down with a flu. Perfect health means your body is equipped with all the needed vitality to come out strong and stay strong. Perfect health means you are doing all the right things to keep your body healthy.
- Father, I thank you that I am here in good health making these prayers to you. I thank you for all the times I fell sick and come out victorious. For all the stuffy noses, all the headaches, all the cuts and bruises gotten in the kitchen. It wasn’t more than it was and here I am saying thank you Lord for keeping me on my two foot healthy to run around daily activities from the start of the year till today. Accept my thanksgiving in Jesus Name.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (CEV) “You surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own. God paid a great price for you. So use your body to honor God.”
The context of the scripture was in relation to sexual immorality but in this regard, we will be studying as relates to our health. Anything that will not do your body good, shouldn’t be put in it. Some of us don’t care about what we eat or drink; anything goes. And this “anything” has cost many their health.
- Father, for all the times I have been careless with what goes into my body, I ask for mercy today. Do not let me suffer the consequences of my actions. Teach me what I need to do to correct these wrongs and help me to be disciplined enough to say no to that which will pollute my body. Now I know you pride in your temple – my body – and all I will do from now on is feed it with only things that will bring honor to you in Jesus Name.
Acts 27:33-34 (NCV) “Just before dawn Paul began persuading all the people to eat something. He said, “For the past fourteen days you have been waiting and watching and not eating. Now I beg you to eat something. You need it to stay alive. None of you will lose even one hair off your heads.””
I am sure you have heard this phrase, “Food is Medicine.” Indeed it is. Even Apostle Paul knew it. Now while we need food to stay alive, not all food can keep us alive. In fact some can kill us. Sometimes, we can even innocently eat something that harms us and that’s what we will be praying about.
- Father, while I know I need food to stay alive, I give you express permission to allow only those that will keep me alive. Where it is that I am about to eat that which will harm me or kill me, I ask that you cause me to suddenly lose appetite in Jesus Name.
Jeremiah 33:6 (NIV) “Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.”
There is this peace you have when you are strong and healthy. Also your husband have peace of mind when his wife is healthy.
- Father, I permit only peace within my marriage and within my home. The peace that comes from knowing we are in great health, we receive today. Every cells and every organ within my body that needs your attention, I authorize you to heal and get back to perfect condition. The peace that passes all human understanding is our portion because I enjoy perfect health in Jesus Name.
Proverbs 4:20-23 (NCV) “My child, pay attention to my words; listen closely to what I say. Don’t ever forget my words; keep them always in mind. They are the key to life for those who find them; they bring health to the whole body. Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life.
God has given wisdom and knowledge in the study of science to man and that’s why we have Medical professionals. Every once in a while, its advisable that we go for checkup. Now if we do adhere to this advice, we will have saved ourselves. Sometimes what we think of these professionals have deprived us of health.
- Father, open my eyes to see when I need help and the advice of a medical professional. Open my ears to listen and open my heart to understand that these people are allowed by you to keep me in check as regards my health. When an instruction is given that would benefit my health, help me to obey. Whatever wrong mindset, I have developed toward receiving medical advice, I ask that you cleanse me of such in Jesus Name.
Hosea 4:6a (ERV) “My people are destroyed because they have no knowledge.”
I have come to understand that ignorance can be deadly. Some people just don’t care to know about things. In fact they prefer to not know. I am sure you have heard, “what a man does not know does not kill him.” Unfortunately, that is not the case. A lot have died because they don’t know. Now what do you do with the knowledge you have?
- Father, I receive for myself extensive knowledge about all that I need to do to keep me healthy. Knowledge about what to eat, when to eat and how to prepare what to eat. Knowledge of exercises that I need to do to keep me active. Knowledge about the various signs and symptoms to watch out for that need medical attention. After I have known all these, dear Lord I ask that you take sleep away from me, till I have acted on these knowledge in Jesus Name.
Finally 3 John 1:2 (NCV) “My dear friend, I know your soul is doing fine, and I pray that you are doing well in every way and that your health is good.”
- Father, as much as you are interested in my spiritual well being, you are interested in my physical health. Give me the grace to pay attention to my health as much as I pay attention to my spiritual health in Jesus Name.
DECLARATIONS AND CONFESSIONS
- I confess all the times I disrespected my body and put in her “anything”. I declare that from today, my body is fed with only that which will nourish her and kept her healthy.
- I confess my lack of knowledge or denial of knowledge as regards my well being. I declare that from today, I listen to medical advice and do my part to stay healthy as the Lord work on those area that are beyond me.
- I declare upon me and mine the peace that come with good health. I declare my husband is peaceful because I am healthy.
- I declare that I am healed of every sickness. I declare that every cell or organs that need your touch receives it even when I am not aware.
- I declare that as I go about my duties as a wife and mother, my mind is healthy, my body is healthy and my family is healthy.
All these I have confessed and declared in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen!!!
God bless you and see you tomorrow.
P.S. Prayer points and Declaration would be posted at Night during the week and evenings during weekends.