Welcome to Day four of the Beautiful Wives Prayer Challenge. Please before I go on, I want to plead with you all that you share these posts to your friends, family, strangers and everyone. These prayers should get to as many women out there as possible.
Without mincing words, we would be praying for Direction and Prosperity. Singles who are interested should join in, especially the one for today. Direction is very important for any woman who wants to get prosperity. Be it financial prosperity, marital prosperity, character prosperity, and whatever areas of your life you want to prosper in.
Direction is “a course along which someone or something moves.” “The management or guidance of someone or something.” While I searched for the meaning of direction, these two were the ones that explained better what I am trying to say. The Bible is filled with examples of people who followed direction and prospered. So you see that God is very much interested in prospering us. Don’t be a woman who is satisfied with only her husband prospering. Be one who looks out to contribute to the prosperity of your home.
- Thank you Lord for the opportunity to come before you once again to cast my burdens on you. I have come with an open heart and open hands to receive from you for myself and for my husband, ALL that you have reserved for us in Jesus Name.
Ruth 3:3-5 (NLT) “Now do as I tell you—take a bath and put on perfume and dress in your nicest clothes. Then go to the threshing floor, but don’t let Boaz see you until he has finished eating and drinking. Be sure to notice where he lies down; then go and uncover his feet and lie down there. He will tell you what to do.” “I will do everything you say,” Ruth replied.”
Very often than not, God always use someone to confirm a way in which he is directing us. From the above verses, the modern day woman would say, No! I cannot do that, it would look as if I am desperate. The direction that sometimes lead to our prosperity may be us going outside of the norm to ask for that help. Are you too proud to ask for what you want? Ruth wasn’t and she went from one who picked up after others to the wife of the man who was the boss.
- Father, I receive for myself and my husband today a humble spirit to listen to instruction. I receive for us the readiness to obey and follow in the direction you have given us. I ask that we won’t be so proud as to ask for what we need from who we need it. Help us Lord not to miss out because we want to appease to the ideas of others in Jesus Name.
1Kings 4:3-7 (NLT) And Elisha said, “Borrow as many empty jars as you can from your friends and neighbors. Then go into your house with your sons and shut the door behind you. Pour olive oil from your flask into the jars, setting each one aside when it is filled.” So she did as she was told. Her sons kept bringing jars to her, and she filled one after another. Soon every container was full to the brim! “Bring me another jar,” she said to one of her sons. “There aren’t any more!” he told her. And then the olive oil stopped flowing. When she told the man of God what had happened, he said to her, “Now sell the olive oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can live on what is left over.”
I am sure that if this woman was in this age, she may have wanted to Instagram the miracle or even do a live video. There are sometimes that secrecy is the direction the Lord wants us to go to enjoy his blessings. This woman was to do this behind closed doors. How many times have God told us to do things in secret but because we want to show off or seek the praise of men, we do it in the open?
- Father, your ways are not mine but they are always always the best. Today I receive for me and my husband the grace to keep secret what you want us to keep secret and wait for the appropriate time to show what you have done for us. I give you permission to stop us when we want to show off what you want us to hide before its time. Help us to obey fully every instruction that you give us directly or through others on our way to success in Jesus name.
Because of the many lessons wrapped up within these verses, we will be praying on it even more. We live in a world where things that should be private are now public. Everyone shows off this or that, with almost no caution whatsoever.
- You will say, Father, even when the temptation come to show off before time, give me grace to not yield. Keep a guard over me and my husband and deliver us from impatience or haste. Open our eyes to know what we should let out and what we should keep till a later time or not. Help us not to be carried away with the competition of the world and stray from the path you have directed us to walk in in Jesus name.
James 1:5-7 (NLT) If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
There will be times in our live when we will need the right direction to go, either in our relationship with others or our businesses or our career. There is always one person who will never judge you or rebuke you for asking – GOD. The only thing is that we must be ready to obey the instructions that would be given. Only then can we get the prosperity that we desire. Asking is always the easy part, following through is the hard part but the crucial one.
- Today you’ll say, Father, help me to always run to you for direction in every area of my life including those that I can figure out. Help me Lord to follow through all the directions you will give me. When it doesn’t look like what I expect it to be, I ask that you place a picture of my end result in front of me to stir up faith in me to go on in Jesus name.
Psalm 32:8 (ERV) The Lord says, “I will teach you and guide you in the way you should live. I will watch over you and be your guide.
Psalm 25:4-5 (ERV) Lord, help me learn your ways. Show me how you want me to live. Guide me and teach me your truths. You are my God, my Savior. You are the one I have been waiting for.
How many times have the Lord given us directions, taught us and guided us and we just don’t put it to practical use? You learn from what you are taught. You live by how you are guided.
- Father, I am here with my pen and paper to write down everything you teach me. As you teach me and show me everything I need to prosper in ever area of my life, help me to put it to practical use. Help me to never be tired of learning and help me to live by the guidance you have provided for me in Jesus Name.
Lastly, Isaiah 30:21 (NCV) If you go the wrong way—to the right or to the left—you will hear a voice behind you saying, “This is the right way. You should go this way.”
Isaiah 58:11 (NCV) The Lord will always lead you. He will satisfy your needs in dry lands and give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has much water, like a spring that never runs dry.
- Father I thank you because you will always direct me in the right way. I thank you because you are prospering me and mine to flourish like a garden that has much water in the dry land. I will always listen to your direction Lord and in turn prosper on everyside in Jesus name.
DECLARATIONS AND CONFESSIONS.
- I declare my ears are attentive to listen to instructions directing me in the part of my prosperity.
- I declare that I would not be too proud to ask for help from they that have been directed to help me.
- I declare that I wouldn’t be overtaken with a proud and ‘show off’ spirit that I stray from the path, I have been directed to follow in Jesus Name.
All these I have declared in Jesus Name. Amen!!! Feel free to declare the scriptures over you and yours. Personalize all the above scriptures and read it out loud to yourself.
Thanks for joining in. Tomorrow, we begin praying for our husbands which will go on for four days and the last four days for our children.
God bless you