Hello Beautiful and welcome to Day 5. We spent the last four days praying for ourselves. Today and for the next three days, we will be praying for our husbands. We will be praying for them in the area of Leadership and Communication.
Communication is very important if we and the family must be led. The children of Israel had Moses as a leader and he communicated with them all the instructions and mind of God per time till they were able to cross the Red Sea and prepare towards the promised land. Communication is something that has always existed in Leaders all through the Bible. Now communication can be good or bad and uplifting or heart breaking.
If our husbands don’t communicate with us, tell us things, give instruction or correct wrongs in love, how best can they lead us and the entire family? If you husband’s mode of communication is by tearing you down, how would you respect his leadership? For some, communication in your home is top notch. For others, “we are getting there.” And another, they have to always keep guessing or avoid it totally. We want to be carried along in the affairs of our marriage and home. We want our husbands to be able to tell us how they feel and what’s up. Mind you, Men are not great communicators, but you can change that to a very large extent.
Proverbs 18:22 (NCV) When a man finds a wife, he finds something good. It shows that the Lord is pleased with him.
Since the day I read this scripture through the lenses of the Holy Spirit, my life has never been the same. Do you understand the high position God places you when you become the wife or even wife-to-be? Your presence in your husband’s life is like an assurance your husband have that indeed, he has been favored. Your husband has every reason to walk with his head high up.
- Father, I am so happy that I am the wife of (husband’s name). I am thankful for making me fit into your perfect plan of favoring and blessing my husband. Today, I have come to ask of you and receive for (husband’s name) all and more that is due him. I am a good thing and I ask all these by virtue of the position you have placed me in in (husband’s name) life in Jesus name.
Proverbs 12:18 (NCV) Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.
Colossians 4:6 (NCV) When you talk, you should always be kind and pleasant so you will be able to answer everyone in the way you should.
I said it before and I say it again, the words that pierces deeply are the words of a spouse. If every time, your husband has to say something to you, its always harsh and unkind, it would be difficult to be under his leadership. Our husbands must know the right words to say, how to say it and when to say it.
- I receive for you (husband’s name) wise words, loving word, words that heal. Even when you have to correct me on an issue or we are discussing, I pray that all that would come out of your mouth would be loving words. Words that would make me fall in love with your leadership, words that will make submitting to you easy and sweet in Jesus name.
Jeremiah 1:5,8,9 (NCV) “Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work. I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Don’t be afraid of anyone, because I am with you to protect you,” says the Lord. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth. He said to me, “See, I am putting my words in your mouth.
When God created your husband, he automatically appointed them as the prophet. The beautiful thing is that in Christian marriage, the husband is the prophet of his home. Now, who is a prophet? He is one that speaks God’s word boldly without fear or favor. In marriage, our husbands must be bold, they must be able to speak on behalf of their home boldly, they must be able to defend you boldly.
- (Husband’s name), I remove from you the fear of people that would make you cower in your position as a leader and much more a prophet in this marriage and home. I receive for you boldness to answer for me and our family when the need arises. When you are lost for words or short of words, I declare that you receive the touch of the Lord and he put the right words in your mouth in Jesus name.
Proverbs 18:2 (NCV) Fools do not want to understand anything. They only want to tell others what they think.
Philippians 2:4 (NCV) Do not be interested only in your own life, but be interested in the lives of others.
No one is ever happy when they aren’t listened to or not put first. No one likes to be a second option, how much more in marriage. No wife wants to always be told what to do as though she has no mind of her own. At the same time, no wife wants to be left out or seen as a second option. A true leader always put others before them and always want to hear what others think.
- (Husband’s name), I pray that you will be understanding and always listen to what I think. I pray that your heart is open to suggestions as regards matters that concern our marriage and home. I receive for you grace to always think of what I think and always think of what I can contribute to the success of this marriage in Jesus name.
Proverbs 27:23,24 (NCV) Be sure you know how your sheep are doing, and pay attention to the condition of your cattle. Riches will not go on forever, nor do governments go on forever.
When I read these verses, it basically summarized how every husband should lead. Have you ever seen a shepherd? I grew up in the north and those shepherd who lead on those sheep or cows, would always ensure all their flock or herd are complete. If one is missing, they go out in search. Every husband or father is the shepherd of his home and he must lead so.
- (Husband’s name), today I pray for you that the attention we need as your herd, you will give to us. You will care for each and everyone of us with the care appropriate for us. By virtue of your position as Shepherd of this family, none of your flock will stray, none of your flock will go missing, you will go to sleep at night knowing that you have paid attention to your flock. Every day if Christ tarries, we will continually enjoy the care of you our Shepherd in Jesus Name.
Lastly, Psalm 37:5 (NCV) Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you.
Romans 8:28 (NCV) We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him.[e]They are the people he called, because that was his plan.
- (Husband’s name), I declare that you will depend on God for guidance on how best to lead us. I declare that you will accept help from the Lord to guide us right. You will constantly be in touch with heaven for instructions on how to lead this family in Jesus name.
DECLARATIONS AND CONFESSIONS
- I declare that (husband’s name) will depend on the Lord, trust the Lord and relax in His care.
- I declare that you (husband’s name) would not let anyone look down on you but you will set an example for the type of husband every woman should have who leads like Christ in words, in love, in faith and in character.
- I declare that you (husband’s name) can do all things through Christ who will always make you strong.
- I declare that even when you are under pressure to be a leader that doesn’t care about my opinion, you will be strong and bold to continue instead as the leader God has made you and we will all be happy under your leadership.
All these I have declared in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen!!!
God bless you and see you tomorrow.