Welcome to day six of the Beautiful Wives Prayer Challenge. We are already half way through this prayer program and I thank you all for joining in. Today we would be praying for protection for our husbands.
I remember the first time my husband was going to leave home for work few weeks after our wedding. I had so many thoughts and I found myself just praying to the Lord to protect him. This has continued ever since. Consciously and unconsciously, I always hand over my husband to God for safe keeping and I always tell him, I want him back in one piece and even better than he left me; whether he goes far from home or near home.
Every wife wants her husband to return home safe and sound, to be delivered from wicked people and plans, and to be generally protected from every form of evil. But we must understand that the protection of the Lord comes in various forms. Sometimes, opening our eyes to see evil lurking, sometimes its just peace as regards a situation, it could also be allowing people disappoint us and many other forms. God’s ways and mode of doing His things are far beyond our understanding most times but He is working all for our good. So today we would be praying for our husbands based on the promises of God for our protection.
- Father, I am here to thank you for all you have done for me and mine from day one of this program. I thank you for day six and the remaining days, because every prayer raised up to heaven do not return void of answers. As I lift my voice today, I ask that you hear from heaven in Jesus name.
Genesis 35:5,6 (ERV) “Then Jacob and his sons left that place. The people in the surrounding cities wanted to follow and kill them, but God filled them with such great fear that they did not go after them. So Jacob and his people went to Luz, which is now called Bethel. It is in the land of Canaan.”
Like I mentioned earlier, there are different ways in which our husbands will enjoy the protection of God. Look here, God’s way of protecting Jacob and his family was by putting fear in the hearts of those who would harm them.
- You’ll say, Father, all those who seek to harm (husband’s name) in any form, let them be overtaken with so much fear. Fear that cripples Lord I release upon them. Be it those in the family, workplace, neighborhood or anywhere at all. When they look on you (husband’s name), they run from you because they fear you. Wherever you step into and they have purposed in their heart to you you harm, I pray that as you step in, they are overcome with crippling fear in Jesus name.
1 Samuel 25:15,16 (NCV) “These men were very good to us. They did not harm us. They stole nothing from us during all the time we were out in the field with them. Night and day they protected us. They were like a wall around us while we were with them caring for the sheep.”
There are going to be times in our lives, that we would need men to protect us whether we ask them or they do it voluntarily. Funny enough, they don’t need to know us to become protectors over us. We would be raising these angel protectors in human form for our husbands.
- Dear Lord I receive Protectors for (husband’s name) in his place of work, in a strange land, wherever in this world that he finds himself away from home. I decree than an army of protector rise on his behalf. When he need them, when he doesn’t them, when he doesn’t know that he need them. I pray today that you (husband’s name), will never lack protectors 24 hours of the 7 days of the week in Jesus name.
2 Chronicles 14:11,12 (NCV) “Asa called out to the Lord his God, saying, “Lord, only you can help weak people against the strong. Help us, Lord our God, because we depend on you. We fight against this enormous army in your name. Lord, you are our God. Don’t let anyone win against you.” So the Lord defeated the Cushites when Asa’s army from Judah attacked them, and the Cushites ran away.”
Sometimes, some people would just rise up against our husbands to destroy them. Sometimes, we may have inklings to prepare in prayer and sometimes, we may not. Today we would be arming the missiles of protection and locking them on our husbands. This way, wherever they meet this type of army of wickedness, he is hit by the protection of the Lord.
- Lord, I arm the missiles of your protection and lock it on (husband’s name), I decree that when armies – small or large – rise against him, he is hit by your protection. Today I make this prayer in advance on your behalf because nothing restrains the Lord from saving you. You (husband’s name) are His target of protection all the days of your life in Jesus name.
Still on asking the lord for protection.
- Lord, for every time, (husband’s name) calls on you for protection, I give you permission to hearken unto him speedily. Even when he doesn’t merit it, I ask that by reason of my prayers today, he merits it in Jesus name.
Romans 8:37-39 (NCV) “But in all these things we are completely victorious through God who showed his love for us. Yes, I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor ruling spirits, nothing now, nothing in the future, no powers, nothing above us, nothing below us, nor anything else in the whole world will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
The love of Christ availed us unlimited protection and it is with that confidence we can say that nothing can separate us from this love which invariably means that NOTHING can separate our husbands from the protection of the Lord which is theirs through the Love of Christ for them.
- Lord, I thank you for your love that reached down to my husband even when he did not merit it. Thank you for your love that brought with it protection. It is with this confidence, I thank you because NOTHING would ever separate him from your protection. It is with this confidence Lord that I go to sleep knowing fully well that His life is preserved, his career is preserved, our marriage is preserved, our children are preserved and everything connected to us is preserved in Jesus name.
DECLARATIONS AND CONFESSIONS.
I declare that the Lord is your rock and you will always run to Him for safety. He is your shield and your saving strength, your defender and your place of safety. The Lord saves you from those who want to harm you. You will call on the Lord who is worthy of praise and he will save you from your enemies. (2 Samuel 22:3-4 NCV)
This I have declared in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen!!!
Thank you for joining in today. See you tomorrow. God bless you.