Welcome to day seven. Today we would praying for our husbands to heed instructions that would stir them in the right direction and put them on the right path.
There is something called “Ego” that seems to be a man’s companion. Men tend to always believe they are in the place of authority so every of their decisions are always right, more so they are married. Instructions that would lead our husbands to the good paths of life that God has laid down, can come in any form. It can come from God directly through his word, dreams, visions, his voice, our instinct, our conscience and it can also come through people – much more through you his wife.
Do you know how much good we would enjoy if our husbands listen to instructions that guide them positively? Do you know how many things we would overcome if instructions are heeded to? Without dwelling so much on “what ifs”, we would speak to his maker and master teacher about this.
- Father, I am thankful for ever listening and ever working in me and mine all things that will bring about your good will and plan for our lives to reality. I thank you for once again being ready to carry all the weights I have brought to you tonight. Help me Lord to listen as much as I do the talking during this challenge. Help me to be guided as well by your instructions in whatever form they come in Jesus name.
Jeremiah 32:33 (ERV) “They should have come to me for help, but they turned their backs to me. I tried to teach them again and again, but they would not listen to me. I tried to correct them, but they would not listen.”
In the preceding verses, God was angry with Jerusalem because she had chosen to sacrifice to other gods and do things to anger the Lord. God was grieved that he allowed them to be captured by the Babylonian army. Acknowledging God as our helper is one thing. Listening to his instructions as he teaches is another thing. We want our husbands to by default always first ask God for help and much more listen to the instructions he give.
- (Husband’s name), you will not be like Jerusalem, who made her maker angry, you will always ask help from the Lord. Even when all things looks as though you should just give up and find help elsewhere, I pray that it would be at the feet of the Lord that you run to for help. I pray that much more than asking for help, your ears, heart and mind would be open to hear, listen and obey instructions that He will give you in Jesus name.
Jeremiah 33:2,3 (NLT) “This is what the Lord says—the Lord who made the earth, who formed and established it, whose name is the Lord: Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.”
- Father, I ask you on behalf of (husband’s name) today, that all of the remarkable secrets my husband need to know about things to come for today and in the future is revealed to him. I decree that by virtue of my request today, my husband get to know all these secrets even when he doesn’t remember to ask in Jesus name.
John 2:5-7 (NCV) “His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you to do.” In that place there were six stone water jars that the Jews used in their washing ceremony. Each jar held about twenty or thirty gallons. Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” So they filled the jars to the top.”
Now, if there was any reason to question the mental state of Jesus, the servers at the wedding in Cana of Galilee didn’t have to as Mary – the mother of Jesus – had already told them, “Do whatever he tells you to do.” Many of God’s instructions would cause or husbands to question most of the times, but like Mary, we will sometimes need to tell our husbands, “Do whatever he tells you to do.”
- (Husband’s name), I pray for you today that when you are in doubt about the instruction from the Lord that you will be encouraged by me when I say, “Do whatever He tells you to do.” I declare today that even when I am not there, you will hear my voice as I encourage you to do as the Lord instructs in Jesus name. I decree that the comfort of my words would silence every doubt within you in Jesus name.
1 John 4:11 (TLB) “Dearly loved friends, don’t always believe everything you hear just because someone says it is a message from God: test it first to see if it really is. For there are many false teachers around”
In the times that we live in now, there are a lot of “GOD SAIDS” around the place. While some are indeed from the Lord and only lead to great and mighty things, there are those that aren’t and have led many in captivity, shame and problems. Our husbands must be able to differentiate these instructions. They must be able to tell the true ones from the false ones so as to keep us from trouble.
- Today, I receive for you (husband’s name) a discerning spirit to know which instructions that come are from the lord and not. I pray that when these instructions come and they are so tempting that you will always check with the Lord first, – through his word and through prayers – before heeding. You will not be pressured to heed instructions that are not from the Lord and get us all entrapped in Jesus name.
Finally, Proverbs 15:5 (ESV) “A fool despises his father’s instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is prudent.”
There are times when our husband may not do as the Lord instructs and man times, there are always corrections that come. Some of these corrections can be so hard. Our husbands would need to understand this and be ready to be corrected when they disobey God’s instruction and not see it as a time to abandon God.
- (Husband’s name), I know how humanly you are and I pray that when corrections come as a result of your disobedience to instruction, that you will not see it as God being too hard on you and abandon him but you will take correction, learn from them and never do it again. I put under the authority of Christ every spirit of pride that would want you to question the correction of the Lord and I declare that you be filled with a contrite spirit to know that, he who the Lord loves, he corrects in Jesus name.
DECLARATIONS AND CONFESSIONS
- (Husband’s name), I declare that you will listen to instruction and prosper. You will trust the Lord and be joyful all your days. You will be known for your understanding and be called wise. Your words will be pleasant and compelling to those who hear them. (Proverbs 16:20-21)
- I declare that you (husband’s name) will be instructed on the right path that would bring life into everything you come in contact with and the path which leads to death but looks right on the outside will be clear for you to see to avoid. (Proverbs 16:25)
All these I have declared in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen!!!
God bless you and see you tomorrow for day eight when we pray regarding Sacrifice and Prosperity for our husbands.