Welcome to day eight of this program. How has it been for you? I trust very well. Today is the last day for praying for our husbands and the theme for our prayers would be Sacrifices and Prosperity.
To enjoy wealth and prosperity, there are some sacrifices that our husbands would have to make. They’ll sometimes have to sacrifice sleep, comfort, enjoyment all in a bid to work harder and provide for us and our children and even meet some needs of the extended family members.
Our husband’s sacrifices need to yield great results and most importantly we want them to prosper and be wealthy all round. So, our prayers today will be about receiving results for all their sacrifices to give us and our children a beautiful life, where we can have all our needs met and even out wants. We will also be praying that the sacrifices they need to make to prosper, they will not overlook them.
- Father, I have come to thank you for the past three days I have spent praying for my husband. I thank you in advance for every answer to each prayer request raised. I have come once again and I pray that your mercy will overshadow all my imperfections and that of my husband and you will hear us from heaven in Jesus name.
Hebrews 13:16 (ERV) “And don’t forget to do good and to share what you have with others, because sacrifices like these are very pleasing to God.”
There are times our husbands would encounter an opportunity to do good or even share something they have which is so dear to them with someone. Now the reward for such sacrifices may even come from the receiver of such good or from someone entirely different. This reminds me of the story of a man who was looking for a job and while driving around, he came upon a luxurious SUV which needed a little push to get off road to a near by bus stop. This man pulled over and asked if he could help and off course they needed the help so he towed them to the nearest bus stop. The men exchanged numbers and one day out of nowhere the man who helped was called and asked what he did, and after the discussion, he got a juicy job. Now this is sacrifice that brings result.
- Father, for the times when a little sacrifice is needed from my husband to allow for greater and bigger things, I pray that he will not be blinded as to hold on to what he should rather share or give but open his eyes to see clearly so that these opportunities do not pass him by in Jesus name.
Hebrews 6:10 (TLB) “For God is not unfair. How can he forget your hard work for him, or forget the way you used to show your love for him—and still do—by helping his children?”
I remember when I was to urgently deliver some designs for presentation purposes. Usually, a commitment fee is required before work even starts. Due to the urgency, I went straight to work so that I could deliver in time for the purpose which it was intended for. While I did this, I never knew two other consultants (bigger than me) were contacted. At the end of it all, I delivered the job in time for the presentation and when the winner was to be chosen, I automatically was and I was compensated. Others missed out on this opportunity because they couldn’t sacrifice time without a commitment fee. Why did I share this story? Sometimes our husbands would have to sacrifice some rules to get results.
- (Husband’s name), when the time comes for you to make exceptional sacrifices, I pray that you will choose to be flexible and not miss out due to your rigidity. I pray that you will be available to make prompt sacrifices that will yield great results. Every protocol made by man can be broken and I pray for you today that you will know when to break these protocols to make way for our prosperity in Jesus name.
Proverbs 6:6-11 (MSG) “You lazy fool, look at an ant. Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two. Nobody has to tell it what to do. All summer it stores up food; at harvest it stockpiles provisions. So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing? How long before you get out of bed? A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy—do you know what comes next? Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life, poverty your permanent houseguest!
There are many women who have taken role as bread winner of their homes due to one reason or the other. Some of the husbands in this homes, have eventually gotten back on their feet and taken back position as bread winner. On the other hand, some other husbands have chosen to become lazy and leave the burden on their wives. Today we would be praying using these verses as references. If your husband is not in this category, you can still pray for him or you pray for others.
- (Husband’s name), I pray for you today that you will not make friend with laziness. I pray that when things seem not to go the way you desire or have marked out that you will not be overtaken with the willingness to give up. You will pick yourself up, get back to work and prosper in Jesus name.
- Husband’s name), I pray for you today that when you have sacrificed so much and there is a delay in the results that you will not consider giving up as an option. I pray that you will not see unfaithfulness as an alternative but you will encourage yourself and push yourself even unsupervised. I pray that your hard work would pay off and keep poverty far from our home in Jesus name.
Zachariah 4:10 (TLB) “Do not despise this small beginning, for the eyes of the Lord rejoice to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel.”
For those of you who believe that there is more your husband can give to get more and that this is not his best; we will be replacing Zerubbabel with our husband’s name. If you think you have gotten to your best place, please still pray and replace Zerubbabel with my husband’s name.
- (Husband’s name), you will not despise your small beginnings instead you will delight in them. You will not be ashamed of them but be proud of them. Even when people laugh at you and wonder what will come of you, you will still be proud of them and Father Lord, you will give them reasons to change their tunes when they see how prosperous, how rich and how wealthy (Husband’s name) have become in Jesus name.
DECLARATIONS AND CONFESSIONS
- I declare that (husband’s name), you are not giving up. Even though it looks like everything is falling apart for us on the outside, God is making a new life for us by his unfolding grace.
- I declare that these sacrifices you are making are small potatoes compared to the good days that are waiting to unfold. There is far more than meets the eyes because these sacrifices are only paving ways for greater prosperity in Jesus name. Amen!!!
Thanks for joining in today. Tomorrow and the next three day, we pray for our children and our home.
Please share and share.
God bless you.