I welcome you all to day ten. A big thank you for staying with us till now.
Today we are going all out for our children. We are praying for guidance and protection for our children. Aside the first few years which we spend with our children or few months for some before they begin creche or playgroup, most of the other times, they are with some one caring for them. These carers can either be our family members or total strangers. Now most time we think its only when they are with strangers that we pray for them. No. Even when they are with us, we must pray for their protection too.
How about guidance? Our children will not be with us forever, they’ll go to school, they’ll go to college or university. They’ll go to visit fiends and families. At this time, you aren’t there to guide them. Many times, its what you have taught them or the path you have set them on that become a guide to them.
Proverbs 22:6 (TLB) Teach a child to choose the right path, and when he is older, he will remain upon it.
Many parents have unknowingly not given their children enough to make them choose the right path. Instead what many have succeeded in doing is having these children pretend to choose the right path and then once they are out of sight or of age, they forsake and go their own way. We would be asking for mercy for where we have missed it and also grace to do it right.
- Father, where it is that I have not taught my children to choose the right way but have forcefully coerced them and they have done it just to please me or make me happy, I ask that you forgive me. I acknowledge my wrong and I ask for grace to correct it in Jesus name.
- Father, I ask that you teach me how to teach my children to choose the right part. Every over confident spirit that wants to make me think I know it all, I put them under the authority of the word and I pray that I will be teachable enough to teach the children you have given me to choose the part of life that is true and right so that Lord, when they are away from home and by themselves, they will remain on track with you in Jesus name.
1 Peter 5:2 (ERV) I beg you to take care of the group of people you are responsible for. They are God’s flock. Watch over that flock because you want to, not because you are forced to do it. That is how God wants it. Do it because you are happy to serve, not because you want money. Don’t be like a ruler over those you are responsible for. But be good examples to them.
The children the Lord has given to us can be likened to His flock which he has given us to take care of. In some culture, you’re expected to teach your child in an authoritative, dictatorship style but many a times this method has not worked. Children learn from what they see. Its difficult to play the ‘do as i say, don’t do as i do‘ game with them. So we parents must learn to live what we teach our children. They are watching our every action as well as learning. And remember, what they learn will go on to guide them.
- Father, I ask that you help me understand that teaching by example is the best way I can teach my children of you. When I live Christlike, its easy for my children to want to live so. Lord help me to model you to my children by the way I live, talk, interact and even more study your word. Let my love for you be so real that my children will want to love you even better. When I am with them or not, let the remembrance of my example be in their hearts to guide them in Jesus name.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9 (TLB) And you must think constantly about these commandments I am giving you today. You must teach them to your children and talk about them when you are at home or out for a walk; at bedtime and the first thing in the morning. Tie them on your finger, wear them on your forehead, and write them on the doorposts of your house!
Very early in life, we must begin to teach our children about Christ. From simple “thank you Lord for waking me up” in the morning to simple, “thank you Jesus for a day well spent” in the evening before bed. Teach them to bless their meal and to bless their going out and coming in. From working with my children, practice is a way of life. It doesn’t have to be perfect at once, but with practice they get there. So also in guiding them, we practice the presence of God with them everyday by teaching them and talking to them about Christ.
- Father, I ask that you will help me to teach my children about you in their basic everyday activities. When they are all by themselves, I pray that there will be a constant re-echo of all that I have taught them of you in Jesus name.
Lastly, Genesis 28:15 (NLT) What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.”
The experiential knowledge of God not only guides us but leaves us in the constant protection of the Lord.
- Father, I hand over (Child/ren’s name) to you to protect wherever they go. All that you have promised them, I pray that you give them in full. I declare by reason of the word of God that the angels of God remain on guard till you are done with them. Even when they have to move from place to place to get all that is theirs, I decree that that no harm whatsoever come to them in Jesus Name.
DECLARATION AND CONFESSIONS
- I declare that Lord, you will protect (Child/ren’s name) from the anger of their enemies when they are surrounded by trouble. I declare that you reach out your hand and save (Child/ren’s name) by the power of your right hand. (Psalm 138:7)
- I declare that when you (Child/ren’s name) go to God for safety, you are protected by the Almighty.
- I declare that you (Child/ren’s name) are saved from hidden traps and under the wings of the Lord you will hide continually.
All these I have declared in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen!!!
Thanks for joining in. Tomorrow, we pray for their success and prosperity.
See you then. God bless you.