As an Architect and Designer and generally someone who spends a lot of time on the computer, music is my biggest companion. If I wasn’t married or had children, the introverted me will just sit here, music in ears, coffee on the side and design away.
I have two types of ear pieces that help me enjoy my music uninterrupted. But with these devices, I needed to put them in my ears.
While I love the apple AirPod for it’s noise cancellation feature, I get tired of something staying in my ear for that long.
Very fed-up at this point, I decided to look for headsets and I also wasn’t ready to spend so much on that (Call me Ijebu and you are not far from the truth. I have Ijebu blood flowing in me. Haha). I went on to look for something great and I found one. I was so excited when it arrived – though, those 6 days it took to ship were like the longest.
Now received and opened, as with every new device one buys, there is a part where you have to charge first before use. Based on reviews I read online (sometimes, don’t trust what you see online) the longest it charged for was 4hours and I was like, “oh that’s okay, I can do four hours”. 4 hours came, then 5, then 6, then 7. I told my sister, “I am sure something is wrong somewhere“. She just laughed at me and told me to wait. Well I did and it ended up charging for almost 9hours. Talk of a spoiler situation.
Now please read on…
Let’s talk about life as a Christian (Christ Follower) and the need to charge up sometimes for minutes, hours or even days (reading of the bible and praying). Pushing to get a proper refill of your tank will determine how far you will go on your journey.
“But we will [continue to] devote ourselves [steadfastly] to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”Acts 6:4 AMP
- How many of us as Christians have taken time out for a personal retreat to just charge up for the journey ahead in this beautiful world?
- How many of us as professionals have taken time to develop ourselves, learn about the new trend, take a certification – charging ourselves up to remain professionally relevant in our fields?
- How many of us as parents have taken time to study our kids, read up a book on parenting, agree on our method of parenting, partner with the Holy Spirit for this journey – to be better parents in this present age?
That headset needed to get fully charged to be able to serve me and I needed to be patient to allow it charge.
- How patient are you while reading the Bible to soak up all the promises within or while praying to tender all your cases. Or most importantly after praying to hear from God?
- How patient are you to go through the hard courses and researches to become an expert in that area of study?
- How patient are you in understanding your child’s uniqueness, thereby guiding them on the part to harness what God has deposited inside of them that makes them special?
In life, we all need to charge for some time before our ‘first use’ and also charge consistently.
Now, know that charging times will differ. You may charge for long and others for longer or lesser. Be patient with your own time and mind your charging.
Leave those who can’t wait to be fully charged alone. Your journeys aren’t the same. Allow those who charge for long to charge in peace, their journey is not yours.
Face your own and be fully charged for the journey ahead.
If this has blessed you, please do make sure you share. Invite your friends to subscribe and let’s all live the beautiful life together.