Welcome to Day 2 of this prayer Challenge.
Yesterday, we established that the Holy Spirit is a person. In fact, the third person in the God-Head.
He is not a thing so we don’t address Him as ‘it.’ He is not just a feeling or a force like in the science fiction movies; or a wind or a power behind a wand. HE IS GOD HIMSELF.
Even though, he is not often spoken about in many circles, understanding who He is and the role He plays in our individual lives is vital to becoming Chrislike (Galatians 5:16). While we are accustomed with the evident works of God the Father as Creator, and God the Son, Jesus as Saviour; God the Holy Spirit is more like the “behind the scene guy” who helps everyone shine in their repective roles. Even more now, He helps the believer shine forth the Light of God.
He is Jesus in us and God everywhere.
- He was the one at creation – Genesis 1:2
- He was the one at Jesus’ baptism at Jordan – Mark 1:9-11
- He was the one at the Pentecost – Acts 2:1-4
- Prophets in the Old testament of the Bible spoke on behalf of God through the Holy Spirit – Ezekiel 2:2-3, Micah 3:8, Isaiah 11:1-2
- He inspired Holy men to write Scriptures – 2 Timothy 3:16
- He is our flesh’s greatest opponent – Galatians 5:17
- He is the one that helps us pray effectively – Romans 8:26-27
- He is the one that helps us understand the bible – 1 Corinthians 2:10
- He teaches us about God – John 16:12-15
- He is the one that helps us live Christlike in this world – Galatians 5:22-23
“I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.” – John 14:18
Thank you Lord for the gift of your Holy Spirit. Thank you for this Helper you gave me. Thank you for not leaving me alone to figure it all out. Oh how much I would have struggled. Thank you for ensuring that I am not stranded on this journey.
So I tell you, live the way the Spirit leads you. Then you will not do the evil things your sinful self wants. The sinful self wants what is against the Spirit, and the Spirit wants what is against the sinful self. They are always fighting against each other, so that you don’t do what you really want to do. But if you let the Spirit lead you, you are not under law. – Galatians 5:16-18
Lord, help me to live everyday of my life in the consciousness of your Holy Spirit within me.
Today Lord, I give you complete access to all of me. I surrender to you all of me. Let me be the light that shines forth your glory in this world and most especially in my home and in my circle.
But when the Spirit of truth comes, he will lead you into all truth. He will not speak his own words. He will speak only what he hears and will tell you what will happen in the future. The Spirit of truth will bring glory to me by telling you what he receives from me. All that the Father has is mine. That is why I said that the Spirit will tell you what he receives from me. – John 16:13-15
Holy Spirit of God, illuminate the word of God to me. You who inspired men to write, open my eyes to see and my heart to understand and help live by the instruction of God written in the Holy Scriptures.
But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things. – Galatians 5:22-23
- Which among the the list above do you need to see a manifestation of in your life? Go ahead and ask the Lord for a manifestation.
- What is that fleshly desire that you know is not of God and by your strength you can’t seem to get rid of it? Ask the Lord to help you.
- Last but not the least, have there been instances where the Holy Spirit of God has been speaking to you and because you didn’t understand, you simply just ignored? It’s alright. Now that you understand who He is, make a committment to God today to be attentive to His leading in your life.
Are you wondering if you have the Holy Spirit within you? Are you even wondering if you are really saved from sin? It’s okay. I understand because I have been there. Just tell it to God and surrender completely to Him.
Thank you for joining in today. I am sure it has been a worthy 15minutes. See you on day three.