Hello Beautiful friend. You are welcome to the another beautiful day in this challenge.
Today we look at Joy and if I may ask, what would you say joy is? Don’t read back the topic to me because I need your truest definition. If I am correct, I am sure some of you said happiness right? Well, that is actually the first word that comes to mind when one sees the word joy. But as the second part that makes up the fruit of the spirit, it is not just happiness. This is because Joy cannot be faked like happiness can. When the Holy Spirit comes into your heart, you cannot fake Joy, it is obvious and evident.
But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], JOY, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.
The Joy that comes from God is what makes you content even when it looks like everything around you is caving in. It was the Joy of the Lord that made Job still praise God when he lost everything and was afflicted. It was that Joy that made him trust God even more. It is the Joy of Lord that makes us grateful even for challenging times because we know God is working all things out for our good.
When Nehemiah in chapter 8, verse 10 told the people of God “The Joy of the Lord is your strength.” It meant that the satisfaction that God had not abandoned them is what should fuel their hope and give them the morale to go on no matter what. This applies to us today too.
Now let me give you a picture before we pray. “Let’s say you are having a pain in your arm and you just raise the arm, look at it and just smile and then pray over the arm because you know God will heal you.” Now, that smile is an outward expression of the Joy of knowing it will be healed. It can only come from God because who smiles while in pain?
Happiness is majorly based of good things happening but Joy is the inner satisfaction we express even when bad things are happening.
For today’s prayers, I have shared 10 scriptures which I want you to read prayerfully and from a heart filled with the joy of the Lord.
- You will show me the path that leads to life; your presence fills me with joy and brings me pleasure forever. – Psalm 16:11
- But the angel said to them, “Don’t be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people. – Luke 2:10
- May God, the source of hope, fill you with all joy and peace by means of your faith in him, so that your hope will continue to grow by the power of the Holy Spirit. – Roman 15:13
- May he give you what you desire and make all your plans succeed. Then we will shout for joy over your victory and celebrate your triumph by praising our God. May the Lord answer all your requests. – Psalm 20:4-5
- Come, let us praise the Lord! Let us sing for joy to God, who protects us! Let us come before him with thanksgiving and sing joyful songs of praise. Psalm 95:1,2
- Consider it nothing but joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you fall into various trials. Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing. – James 1:2-4
- If you keep My commandments and obey My teaching, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love. I have told you these things so that My joy and delight may be in you, and that your joy may be made full and complete and overflowing. – John 15:10,11
- Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy the good food and sweet drinks. Give some food and drinks to those who didn’t prepare any food. Today is a special day to our Lord. Don’t be sad, because the joy of the Lord will make you strong.” – Nehemiah 8:10
- Until now you’ve not been bold enough to ask the Father for a single thing in my name, but now you can ask, and keep on asking him! And you can be sure that you’ll receive what you ask for, and your joy will have no limits! – John 16:24
- Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and though you do not even see Him now, you believe and trust in Him and you greatly rejoice and delight with inexpressible and glorious joy – 1 peter 1:8
Dear Lord, let my heart be continually filled with the Joy that the world cannot give me.
What ways will you be ensuring that the enemy never steals your joy?
I hope you had an amazing one today and I hope to pray with you again tomorrow.
Beautiful Blessings Beloved.