Welcome to the first day of the first edition of this challenge.
First of all, Congratulations to you and to you and to you. Whether you are a biological mom, adopted mom, a mom-aunty, a “mom-in-Isreal” and on; I say to you, God has called you to participate in something bigger than you but easy with Him.
I believe you can still remember when you first became a mom. How was it? For me, it was surreal. I had post-partum anxiety. I gave myself sleepless nights aside the one the presence of a baby brought. I was emotional for no reason. But, one thing I did unconsciously was pray for my child all day. When I was breastfeeding, I was praying. When I was cooking, I found myself praying. I know I’ve prayed for my children ever since they arrived.
Today, we would be offering up to God, prayers of gratitude for calling us to become Moms.
Song of the day: Promises (feat. Joe L Barnes & Naomi Raine) | Maverick City Music
Scriptural Meditation: Luke 1:46-48, 1 Samuel 1:26-28, Proverbs 31:28, Psalm 127:3-4, Psalm 139:13.
- Dear Lord, I am here before you with a heart full of praises and worship for all you have done for me, in me and through me. You are great. You are mighty. You are faithful and I love you.
- Thank you for creating me in your image. Thank you for taking notice of me and giving me this wonderful opportunity to carry my child created also in your image. I am in awe of this blessed opportunity to be the vessel to bring forth children to this world. Because of this great thing you have done, many generations will call me blessed.
- Oh God, I thank you for fulfilling your promise of fruithfulness in my home. For taking me through the ups and downs of the pregnancy journey, I thank you. For making me bring forth at the due time, I thank you.
- Lord, I have come today to thank you for [Child/ren name]. I thank you that [Child/ren name] get to call me Mom. I thank you for keeping, protecting, caring for, leading and sustaining [Child/ren name].
- I thank you Lord for carefully knitting [Child/ren name] and masterfully creating [Child/ren name] such that [Child/ren name] is unique, wonderfully complex and set apart for your glory and praise.
- I thank you for guiding me as I everyday, navigate this thing called parenting. Thank you for your mercy that has always been covering my so many errors and mistakes. Left to me, I know how short I fall; but everytime I have asked you to help me, you have been there and Lord I have no words but to say Thank you Lord.
- Lord, it is with a heart full of gratitude that I come to you to pray for [Child/ren name] for the next 7 days starting today. I know that you will hear me and there will be a manifestation in Jesus name. Amen.
Thank you for joining in today. Let’s pray again tomorrow.