Today, all over the world, it is Father’s day.
I won’t call myself a daddy’s girl and I won’t also not call myself a daddy’s girl. Growing up with my sisters, there are so many lessons we can look back on and thank God for daddy.
Even though we are all girls, we did everything a typical home consisting of boys and girls would do. Even though dad would prefer you don’t do some task that are sort of male-inclined, he eventually would be happy when you do them.
Everyone needs a father and if you are reading this today and your father is alive, I hope you gave God thanks and also honoured your father. I know there might be some who are sort of estranged with their dad, it is my prayer that the Prince of Peace brings calm into the stormy relationship in Jesus Name.
If you ask me who is an ideal father, I’ll say the one who imitates God the Father.
7 characteristics of God the Father that should be found in our earthly fathers
- God is merciful – But God, being [so very] rich in mercy, because of His great and wonderful love with which He loved us, even when we were [spiritually] dead and separated from Him because of our sins, He made us [spiritually] alive together with Christ (for by His grace—His undeserved favor and mercy—you have been saved from God’s judgment). Ephesians 2:4-5 AMP
- God is kind and compassionate – Lord, you’re so kind and tenderhearted and so patient with people who fail you! Your love is like a flooding river overflowing its banks with kindness. Psalm 103:8 TPT
The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. Psalm 145:8 NLT
- God is forgiving – But if we freely admit our sins when his light uncovers them, he will be faithful to forgive us every time. God is just to forgive us our sins because of Christ, and he will continue to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 TPT
- God is good – The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works [the entirety of things created]. Psalm 145:9 AMP
- God is loving – Beloved, let us [unselfishly] love and seek the best for one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves [others] is born of God and knows God [through personal experience]. The one who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love. [He is the originator of love, and it is an enduring attribute of His nature.] 1ohn 4:7-8 AMP
- God is strong and our helper – God is our refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable], A very present and well-proved help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 AMP
- God is our shephered and provider – The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. Psalm 23:1 NLT
On this beautiful day that the Lord has made, with gladness and great joy in my heart, I am wishing ever Father in our community and out there –
Happy Father’s Day.
The Lord bless you, and keep you [protect you, sustain you, and guard you]; The Lord make His face shine upon you [with favor], And be gracious to you [surrounding you with lovingkindness]; The Lord lift up His countenance (face) upon you [with divine approval], And give you peace [a tranquil heart and life].’ Numbers 6:24-26
We love you and God bless you.
If you enjoyed this post, please like and share. If you are yet to subscribe, I hope you do; then you will be notified when we post new articles and be a part of our blog-community.