Prayer, as we all know in simple terms is talking to God. While it sounds simple and may look simple, it seem to be the hardest exercise for many.
You often hear statements and questions like these. “What do I pray for? How often do I have to pray? I can’t find a quiet place to pray. My children are always disturbing me. I wake up late.” And so many things.
Beautiful people, know this. 24hours is not enough for many of us. But to thrive and go through those 24hrs successfully and productively, you have to give atleast 1minute to God. All the more better when you give more. Jesus our perfect example who walked amongst us, was recorded in scriptures waking up early to pray. I believe at that time, He also had 24hours like us.
Wondering what to pray about? Here are 7 things to pray about each day.
- Thank God for a new day and ask that His will be done on earth in your life as it is in Heaven.
- Ask him to provide everything you need for the day. Food , water, strength, wisdom, everything.
- Ask for grace to forgive as many who will offend you and also for forgiveness from God and others who you may unknowingly offend.
- Ask God to open your eyes to see clearly and run away from every temptation.
- Pray for deliverance from every evil. The Bible says, “sufficient for a day are the evils there off.”
- Pray for your spouse and children (if married.) Pray for extended family members, friends and acquaintances.
- Give glory to God, thanking Him for listening and answering your prayers.
As you can tell, the Lord’s Prayer in Matthew 6 is a very straightforward blueprint of how we can pray each day.
Until I write to you next on our attitude to prayers. Ensure to grow your prayer life by praying these 7 prayers everyday.
God bless you.